So what now?

This part of my life... This part right here... This part is called "Blog like there's no tomorrow".

OK.

So this is really is it. The "there's a lot of catching up to do"-part.

Yup, I've finally summon my knack for blogging and a couple of topics in my mind to actually sit down in front of the computer and type it all away and anyway, rest day is here to stay. hmmmm...I'm just in some mood for some rhymes today. =P

Alright. First stop: My 2nd year stay here in Cebu. I was suppose to write about this back in April 4 cause that's the day that I had landed and tried my luck here in Cebu. But obviously I was not able to. And anyway, I'm just feeling nostalgic and a little awed by how far I was able to go and how in the world I was able to get through the last 2 years of my oh-so-again-predictable-life.

I remembered the first time I got here. I had only brought a couple of tees and jeans and undies, a blanket and a handful of books. The plane only allowed 20 kilos maximum check-in baggage so mom said it would be better if I'll just buy more personal needs in here. I was like a scared little kitten crying every night wishing mom would actually fetch me any time. Of course that did not happen. And somehow if I'd think about it now, I could silently thank mom about that. She had given me trust more than I had asked for. Independence I learned comes with responsibility. It's a pretty scary gift. It can ruin you in the process if you don't know how to use it. And I'd like to think that my parents had brought me well enough to actually know the difference between right and wrong. I won't say that I've done all the right things back here. I have lots of regrets and a lot of I wish I did not do that. But in the end there's still a lot of things to actually thank for.

It's my second year of stay here in Cebu. So what now? I had this crazy notion that most things have expiration dates. Like having a crush on someone or loving someone lasts only until its second year. I think I got that from one of the shows I had seen somewhere but I can no longer remember what though. It posted this idea that if you somehow get through that 2nd year, it would only mean one thing: you are in trouble of making that for life. Of course I can not honestly admit that I agree with that idea 100%. I just find it cute? lol.

But yeah, it's my second year here in Cebu and with that principle above, that means I am overstaying. But yeah I...


1 comments:

Ms/Mrs. said...
May 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

hahahhahah.. yes marge.. looks like u'll be staying here for a while..

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top