To Do List #29

Finally, it's my day off. Yup. You read it right. Tuesday is a rest day for this week. No more Thank God it's Friday. Changes are set to happen in our company and so with the staffing and our schedules but that would be a different story. For now, I am suppose to tell the tale of what happened last Saturday which I had failed to write the day after as promised.

As what I had mentioned, the outing was surprisingly fun. I've never been a beach bum but the thought that I'd finally get to go in one of the beaches here in Cebu which is one of the most popular tourist destination here in the country certainly thrilled me. So, aside from the obvious that the food was great, there are two things that had made that beach experience memorable. One, It's my first time to do kayaking and Two, It's my first time to hold an eel.

Alright, let's start with the second one. The "EEL-ectrifying" experience.

With our company outing themed like a "Survivor"-experience, certainly, we had somehow expected for some grossing, yucky, worm-eating kind of experience. Fortunately, although there was a game that involved worms, the eating part was not included. Unfortunately, the yucky part was included. And unfortunately again, I was one of those who was blind-folded to grab those yucky stuffs.


I still can't believe I hold that thing. -_-


But the good thing is, my team won that game. Wohooh!!!! But holding that eel made me think I was holding a snake. A long, slimy, soft thing. One word: eew.

Let's try to forget about that. The best part of the day was when me and my 2 office mates, Charity and Ms. Alice, separated from the rest and decided to do something stupid: Kayaking.

Alright, you might think that Kayaking is not a stupid thing and I will agree with you. I could honestly say that it's one of the best experience I ever had. And if given a chance to do it again, I will certainly do. But I'll make sure that next time I will make necessary precautions before I'd jump in to it again.

Mistake number 1. Did not apply sunblock. I think you could call us crazy that we went to the sea around 1:30 PM and the sun is scourging us with it's heat. We were all excited to paddle that we didn't mind (at least at first) that we'd get our ourselves sunburn. And yep, we toasted our selves. And yes until now, it still hurts every time I put my shirt on.

Mistake number 2. I brought Sarong. Although sarong could at least cover me from the sun's rays, there's always the possibility that you'd drop it in the water. And sarong being a "dye"-printed clothe has of course the possibility of staining your clothes. And yep, it stained my new-company outing shirt. What a bummer.

Mistake number 3. Did not do some Warm-up. This is the biggest mistake ever. Who would have thought that Kayaking is more tiring than doing some thread mill or lifting some weights? My back was so painful I feel like stripping off my shoulders after wards. LOL.

But it was the best experience ever for that day! What an adventure. Who would have thought that I'd actually paddle a kayak knowing that there are sea snakes under me? Seriously there are sea snakes! When we saw them we were like crazy screaming girls (like the reaction when you see your celebrity crush). The only difference is, when you see your idol, you move towards him, while us, when we saw the sea snakes we paddle away from them. LOL. It was really crazy. Maybe I have to thank the two shots of tequila that I had cause I was more of enjoying rather than feeling afraid. hahaha.

ashshsashshs...parsel tongue (that means stay way from me.XD)

Fulfilling To do list #29

Kayaking. It's actually the #29 of my To Do List. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned that I've somehow made a list of things I want to do in my lifetime. I actually got that idea from the A Walk to Remember movie. And the desire to do some kayaking occurred after I've read the book The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. No wonder Noah (the main character of that novel) loves Kayaking so much. It's a great and rewarding experience. (especially that the sea snake did not care about us at all. LOL)

I've never appreciated the sea that much before. And to think that my dad actually practically lives his whole life in the middle of it.^_^ But it's really peaceful out there or it somehow makes you feel at peace. I just love it.

We had a little "rock climbing" after wards. LOL.


and the winner is....ME!!!! hahaha



More Pics.^_^

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top