The Proposal


I watched this movie mainly for 3 reasons. One, I'm a Sandra Bullock fan. Surprise? Maybe not.^_^ But yep I am. Loved her during her Speed days with Keanu, Two Weeks Notice, Miss Congeniality, when she got reunited with Keanu in The Lake House and now The Proposal. She's one of my favorite Hollywood actresses. Her timing for comedy is just great.

Reason number two, it's a romantic-comedy film. I'm a total sucker for this kind of movie.XD And the thought that it's the girl who first proposed to the guy sounds appealing to me. LOL. This could be the modern shotgun wedding. Before, a woman forces a man to marry her because she's pregnant. Now, a woman forces a man to marry her because one, he's the solution for her deportation and two, he is terrified of her. So at least more or less, I finally have a Plan B for marriage. If nobody proposes to me at the age of 28, I'd take it from this movie what to do next.XD

Reason number three, the main character's name is Margaret and that too is my "American-name" for work and my real second name. If not for this movie, I wouldn't have thought of checking what's the origin of the name is. According to my little research, it is of Persian origin. Something to do with Pearls. But anyway, I've never taken fancy of my second name. I guess that's pretty obvious by the way I had decided what my url for this blog is. It's my real name, but not my full name. I removed my second name from the url.

Margaret reminds me of my pre-school teacher. She really loves calling me by that name. And I never liked hearing it. I don't know. Margaret sounds old for me those days. I would really appreciate if you'd call me Kristine. haha. But now, I'm pretty much used to be called Margaret. I'm known in the office by that name and most of them don't even know that it's just my second name. And I think I'm already old enough as well. lol. Well, a lot of saints, queens and prominent people was named Margaret. Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind author), Margaret Thatcher (the only female British Prime Minister) , Margaret I and II, St. Margaret of Antioch. Oh just search for Margaret in Wikipedia and you'd get all the list. haha.

If I am to compare though all these real Margaret to Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock's character in this movie), I'd say they all have the same characteristic, they are portrayed to be tough and high powered. Hmmm.... Margaret is not that bad after all. XD

But anyway, I'm suppose to tell something about the movie. I would really recommend it. I had great laughs, totally totally crazy and though the story is of course predictable, it's still purely entertaining. You will love the granny character. LOL.

go go go! watch it now.XD


Rating: ★★★★☆

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top