Divine Sisterhood of JMVECK

Ever heard the song Got to Believe in Magic? There's a actually a line from that song that had made me ponder over lover's surreality. The line goes, Got to believe in magic, tell me how two people find each other, in a world that is full of strangers. It's true isn't it? How great it could be that from the billions of people around the Earth, you'd get to find that sole person who's right for you. It's simply amazing how the Universe works right?

But actually, I'm not suppose to write something about that. I just can't think of the right metaphor to compare what we have. I'm not sure how to put it. In a way anybody could just possibly say that what we have is what other people could also have or is having. That is actually true. We were just some common people brought about by common interests. Although I would rather say that we are bonded more by our differences. But no matter how common what we have for others eyes, for us, it's definitely special. And yes, it's truly amazing as well that in a world full of strangers, we get to meet these set of people, these set of friends.

I've received a notification from a social networking site that it's my gang's birthday today. I'm proud and happy to say that I've been a member of an all-girls group back in college. We did not actually plan nor agreed that today is the birth of our relationship and till now, it's still a mystery for me as to why our Birthday was set to July 14. After all unlike a lovers relationship that usually involves a "yes, I love you too" before you'd set that a certain day as your anniversary, a platonic relationship don't require specific dates. Maybe my memory simply failed me. Maybe a little mystery is good. Maybe July 14 was just set for formality sake. But definitely maybe, it doesn't matter after all.

All I know is that I've found a sisterhood that at times seems to be too good to be true for me but then I'd realize that they're really true! People whom I haven't been with since childhood but became my friends and sisters for life. I haven't been with them half of my life but they were there when life complexities arise, they made life easier to deal with and though cliched, they were their when it mattered the most.

It's been six years now. And as always when I try to think about the years we've spent together, nothing much had changed except the number of years we had increased and the fact that our friendship is deeper than ever. And that I could rave all day about how lucky I am for being blessed with a friendship like this with people like them.

I love my gang. I love them so much I thought my heart would burst.

JMVECK may not mean anything to anybody. It might just be some jumbled letters at a first glance. But that word defines friendship for me. And we never needed a magical traveling pants to make it through.

And I know, I am a JMVECK member for life.

I'm filled with happiness and sadness when I tried to look for pictures that the six of us were complete. I'm a bit saddened by the thought that we haven't have anything latest that I could show off. But looking at these photos makes me miss the times I've spent we've these girls but looking at them again, no matter how blurred they look like, the memory seems just like yesterday.


We look so young and innocent back then...

But of course we are not that old today but not that innocent either. ^_^







To my pals, Happy 6th Anniversary guyz. Thank you for the friendship. I'm looking forward for more years with you. And seriously, we need to have some latest picture taking.^_^

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top