The Next One: The Concert Experience

I've been busy these past few days so I was unable to post the concert story right away. But don't worry, I could still vividly remember what happened that night. The whole experience still feels surreal for me. Still can't believe that I get to see Sarah face to face, got an autographed album and get to have a VIP seat for the first time.

The night started with the crowd calling in Sarah's name. It's past 8 already and concert is set to start by that time. People are howling, all are too excited, all feels like we can no longer wait for Sarah to step in to the stage. The excitement even grew stronger when Mr. Louie Ocampo take his post in the stage. Wow. Personally, I never thought he'd be the maestro for the night. His presence was enough to make us all expect that we will definitely have the time of our lives.

Sarah started her concert by showcasing her piano-playing skill. She accompanied herself with piano while singing Forever's Not Enough. What a way to start a concert with those high notes! She followed it by her original song How Could You Say You Love Me.



Sarah playing piano while singing Forever's Not Enough


Sarah Singing How Could You Say You Love Me.

She had a lot of guests that night. First guest, Simon Wood. Now I know the name sounds American and in a way he looks American, but his choice of songs? Er---- just forget about it. He is the son of Victor Wood and he sang his father songs. I think he is still confuse whether he'd want to be a rocker or a juke box king. lol. Good thing this is Sarah's concert. Out with it, let us not spoil the fun.XD

Sarah and Simon Wood Duet

Good thing, the next guest is a lot better, Mark Bautista. Sarah sang Kailan with him. Then he sang his latest single and a medley of some Matt Monroe-kind of songs. Mark is really great! I actually find him the most appealing (physically and vocally) among all the male guests. XD



Mark Bautista singing a ballad medley


Then we got Robi Domingo. He reminded me of my high school friend. Joji the white version. lol. But of course he did not sing. He danced with Sarah and all the teenagers went crazy over him. Of course I was not included. haha. He is just a-ok. An OK dancer and an OK cutie.


Robi Domingo

Then we got the funniest moment of the night courtesy by the next guest, Jimmy Marquez. He immediately established a rapport when he sang Closer by Neyo. Then turned the concert in to a stand-up comedy show. In all fairness to him, he is really funny and him knowing the cebuano dialect is a plus. I also like his rendition of Gulong ng Palad. Very soulful.

And of course, they made sure the best guest will be the last guest for the night, Mr. Billy Crawford. He is the cheerful, charming, cute, chubby Crawford.XD He and Sarah danced and sang Please Don't Stop the Music and he had solo performances for his original song Brightlights and he did a medley of Neyo songs. He is really a great dancer. And a funny guy too!^_^


Billy Crawford and Sarah after the Please don't stop the music number.

And of course we should not forget our star for the night, Sarah Geronimo. I can't seem to decide what is her best performance for the night. I love her medley of Mr. Ocampo's compositions (Tell me, Ikaw lang ang mamahalin, Kahit isang saglit, Ikaw). I feel like crying while listening to her. I also love her rendition of Ikaw ang aking Pangarap. So heart-felt as well.T_T Also love her I Believe I can Fly version. The high notes are really flying! And of course her winning piece, I'll be waiting for you is so Celine Dion-like. So so so two-thumbs up for that! And the dress changes was a must see as well.XD


sexy back wardrobe!


all set for a melodramatic number

very very heartfelt.T_T

dancing and singing after the tune of "Played"


Dahil Minahal mo ako? hmmm..not sure about this^_^




favorite dress! very very pretty! Ikaw ang aking Pangarap


And another of course, what better way to end the night but with an autograph session?^_^





Sarah capture that smile ^_^




no wonder she already has a Sony Ericson phone named after her: The Sarah phone^_^

So all in all what can I say about this concert experience? The VIP seat was all worth it.^_^


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
August 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

"To Love You More" yata ang title nun.

kristine cuer said...
August 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM

haha. ang winning piece? my bad. kala ko I'll be waiting for you. LOL.

wait...sino nga pala ito?

Abing said...
August 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

hahaha its to love you more, i like sarah G!!! go go go

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top