I am a woman in progress.

You know what's your problem why you are still single? Because you intimidate men. Because you are too smart.

I was somehow left dumbfounded when a guy I've just recently met said that to me straight out. I mean, that was technically only the third day that I've get to meet him and that comment was definitely totally unexpected (and unsolicited). We we're both participants in the inter-callcenter indoor games and his from another company and technically, that made him as my opponent. I lost to him during our first game and when we we're having our second friendly game, he suddenly just blurted out, "You know what's your problem?" I was just thinking that he might give me tips on my chess moves but that question above was posted instead. I don't know whether I should feel flattered because of his "smart" impression over me or should I get irritated for that uncalled statement in front of 6 other people. And how the hell did he know that I'm single?! Then I remembered, oh okay, he admitted that he looked me up over the net and he found out that I am a Helium writer and a blogger. I remembered writing an article stating my reasons why I am still single. He might have read that. And what was his exact words again? "Looked you up on the net, girl, and you blew me away. Did you really write all those stuff? I can't imagine anyone having such a wide scope of interest. You redefine the phrase, "anything under the sun" for me." I think he should consider writing as a carrier as well. -_-

But that made me think. I mean, I've always belived Oprah Winfrey's words: "You know the old cliche, 'a good man is hard to find'? Well, it's true. And the smarter you get, the harder they are to find." But I've never thought that "being smart" is a problem. And basing on the premise that men prefer dumb women, then those girls in a relationship right now are dumber than their partner? Geez...if dumbness is the yard-stick of getting into a relationship then I'd rather be single for life.

But yes, I have to admit that that comment must have some truth over it. But I do believe that I am a woman in progress. And if my man would stop me from doing that then he is not my man after all. Like what this forwarded text message states: "Girls are a lot like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them when in reality they're amazing and the best ones. They just have to wait for the right guy to come along. The one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree."

I guess that pretty much sums it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 2, 2009 at 8:46 PM

"you blew me away"? wow. pards, you're becoming a force of nature. ^_^

good sign.

hmmm...prospect material ba? ahahaha.

Anonymous said...
September 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM

There is some truth to that premise, more so with girls. The smarter they are, the less "marketable" they get. I don't understand why most would go for the "dumb" ones... Anyone? :)

blitzking said...
October 15, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I wish we had more time to know each other.There are a lot of things i wanted to know about you.

personally, i am not a fan of blogging. a person can get to know you a lot by just reading your blogs. its like knowing you without really knowing you.

i wish people will get to know each other through conversation. expressing yourself and listening to the other. its knowing someone trusts you enough to share little bits of info about himself or herself. and at the same time interested enough to know about yourself.

its like the other person weighed you and found you a worthy human being. someone worthwhile , anyway.

sure, you can follow a person's updates about her life through her blog, but its like watching a person from afar. you can see her but she doesn't see you.

you wait, cherishing each moment, fervently hoping she'll turn your way. then maybe you'll see her flash her smile. and when she does, even though you know your not the reason she's smiling, you make believe that you are. you remember her smile like it was forever captured in a photograph.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top