we can pray for sunny weather but that won't stop the rain.

Sometimes I wonder what's with rain and sad moments. Most of the melodramatic scenes we've seen in movies involve rain. I remembered a friend telling me that it's a certain hormone in our body that is usually triggered by the coldness brought about by rain that is responsible for us getting sappy during rainy days. I really don't care about those hormones. I have only one explanation why people tend to be sappy during these times. We could somehow identify with rain. Rain is like our tear-drops. As if, it's heaven who's doing the crying for us. Alright, I know that too sounds sappy.

It's suppose to be summer here in the Philippines but I guess there's some storm hitting the country. It's raining really really hard outside and I like it that way. It will not only trigger my sappy side, it will also give me a good night sleep which I've deprived my self these past few days. I'm hoping to make up for those sleepless nights tonight. The only problem would most likely be the moment I go home and it's raining. I hate bringing umbrellas and naturally I did not bring one today. But with a weather such as this, it seems like change is a must. As the song Please don't stop the rain by James Morrison goes, "And if it' s going to be a rainy day there' s nothing we can do to make it change. We can pray for sunny weather But that won't stop the rain. You're feeling like you've got no place to run. I can be your shelter til it's done. We can make this last forever. So please don't stop the rain. Let it fall. Let it fall. Let it fall. Please don't stop the rain."

I've always dreamed that one day I too would get to have that moment when some guy will make some way for me not to get wet because of the pouring rain. Of course there's the obvious way of him bringing/holding an umbrella for me or that sweet moment when he would take off his jacket and place it over my head or even that stupid but lovely gesture of placing his hands in my head as if his hands could stop the rain from soaking me. Those scenes really makes me dreamy.

Snap back to reality. I hope it'll rain the whole night (minus the black-out) so I could sleep well tonight.

I badly need sleep.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top