My kind of Man



I was out with Sue/Johanna/my supervisor for some morning coffee. Actually, I was simply helping her out to complete her own batch of Starbucks stickers. We do get along very well since we somewhat share a couple of common things. We're both single, career-oriented, looking-waiting-for-love-to-knock-on-me-but-still-can't-move-on type of girls. So whenever we're together, our main course is always the same: men.

And so she asked me: What's your ideal guy? Or who in the office is closest to that? Hmmm...that's actually a good question. True. Whenever someone would ask me what am I looking for in a guy, my usual answer includes smart and humorous. But I haven't really taken into deep thinking what my ideal/dream guy is. And visualization they say is one of the key points for the law of attraction to work. And so I took some time to really sit down and doodled a list of qualities I'm hoping my guy will have. Anyway, here it goes, my ideal guy.

Him.

My guy has a great sense of humor. He has a quick smile. No, he doesn't have to be a jocose. He can be reserve if he wants to. He knows when to take a joke or even make one. In fact, he can make me laugh really, really hard.

He is smart. When I say smart I'm not saying he has to explain what's the Theory of Relativity means or that he is an Einstein kind of smart. He's just someone who can mentally challenge me. He's someone who can stand by his own point of view. I already have my own shadow to mimic and follow everything that I'm doing. I don't need someone who would keep on agreeing with what I'm saying thinking that would impress me or it won't hurt my feelings. He'd argue with me if needed.

Me and my guy share's a couple of common interests. True that opposite attracts but I'd want to be able to do things that we both can relate to and that we two love to do. May it be about music, movies, blogs, coffee or books or all of the above as long as there's something we have that we love doing together. I know that'll be a big help in our relationship.

My guy has a romantic side as well. He'd take some time to drop by a flower-shop and handpick a handful of flowers for me or drop by our favorite food chain and order lunch for the two of us. He'd call me before he sleeps and most of the time he'd read me off to sleep or even sing me a lullaby. =p My man doesn't find it corny to say I love you to me everyday.

We share the same Faith. He values God as much as I do. He believes that with Christ at the center of our relationship, our foundation is great. My man is there to hold my hand whenever it's time to sing Our Father and he kisses me during the peace be with you part of the Eucharistic mass.

Alright since those things I've mentioned above are some noble characteristics, let me put in some superficial dreams as well. He is at least 4 inches taller than me. I'm 5' 2" by the way. I want to be the one looking up and not the one looking down and now that I am starting to love heels, I don't want to stand taller than my partner whenever I am wearing one. And I'd love to fit snugly underneath my man's shoulder. And I want to add, he is sweet smelling too.^_^ OK, so much with that.

My guy is a man of confidence. Proud enough to walk along side with me but humble enough to ask for forgiveness whenever he's wrong. He remembers his mom's birthday. He takes some time to get to know and get along with my family and friends. He's a great listener. He's a man of faith.

Wow. He is really quite a guy, isn't he?^_^

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top