Sherlock Holmes


Back in High School, I tried reading some of Sherlock Holmes detective stories but I've given up reading on the said series mainly because my reading comprehension and knack for books was not that good back then. If we'd talk about detective stories , I was more of a Hardy Boys reader. So I really don't have a good background of what Sherlock's character should be. Thanks to Robert Downey's great acting, I'm no stranger to Sherlock now.

But having said that, I can not established a point of comparison as to whether the movie adaptation is near or if it's another one of those movies who deviates from it's original book story. But that set aside, I'm pretty sure Holme's personality is close to how Downey portrayed him: untidy, nearly crazy, unmeticulous, brawler, with inclination to isolation kind of guy. That doesn't sound like an apt description of the best detective ever. But we have to be amazed by Holme's observing skills, he pays a lot of attention to details and I must say good predicting skills (especially if he is fighting).

The setting was in old London where Holme's solves the mystery of the "resurrection" of Lord Blackwood (portrayed by Mark Strong) with a help from his partner. If Batman has Robin, Green Hornet has Kato, Darna has Ding (ooopppss....not sure if that's right =p ) but so is Sherlock Holmes, we got Dr. John Watson portrayed by one of my all-time-crush Jude Law. They really have a good chemistry. Good love team. haha. Seriously, they really do. And I got a feeling this movie will have a sequel.

This is the first ever movie I watched for this year. Funny, great fight scenes, excellent and good looking actors. A good start for this year's up and coming movie experiences.

Rating: ★★★★☆

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top