The Red Shoes


The movie seemed to be promising. My friend Tots gave me a link for this movie's trailer and first impression was good basing on the trailer --- looked like a not so typical Pinoy flick. Yeah, I know, I am all for the "support your own kind" (tangkilikin ang sariling atin) but to be honest about it I am not really in to Filipino films. I can only name a few Filipino movies that I am truly impressed with or a fan thereof: Mista, Magnifico, Till there was you and all John Lloyd Cruz films.

The Red Shoes was produced by Unitel productions and was based on one of the entries for Cinemalaya Film Festival. I must admit that the idea of a boy stealing a pair of shoes among the 3,000 pairs of shoes of the former first Lady Imelda Marcus in the peak of the Edsa Revolution and gave it to the first girl he had ever love sounds romantic. But I don't know. It was definitely not a bad movie. It's actually good but then I really can't say that it's a great one. Maybe I expected to much from it. The actors are great though. It was the story itself that I find disappointing. Maybe again, I just don't like any cheating scenario. I just find it shallow. I mean that scene when Marvin cheated and he and Nikki had a confrontation after wards it was grrrrrr....I don't like Marvin's character at all cause of that. Hmmmm...Maybe the storyline is effective then since I am frustrated over it.

But all in all I can definitely say that Filipino minds with regard to film making had indeed gone a long way. I think the creators of this film are planning to have this movie shown outside the country especially that the story transitions in between and the title itself is in English.

Well, we can say that this film is imeldific as a whole. But to put it straight, I am not that into it.

Rating: ★★★☆☆

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top