Of Home and Of creating a whole New Book.

It's almost lunch now and I am waiting for my mom to get back home with lunch. It's been a while since somebody actually prepared food for me. I mean that's one of the disadvantage with working away from home: no mom to actually prepare the table for you. Funny, you'd never even mind hearing your mom's nagging. You'd even thought that you actually kind of miss that.

That and the never-ending fight/bantering of my younger bro and sis, a box full of my mom's Korean DVDs, FM statics's Tonight playing in the background from my older bro's battered looking guitar and the smell of my oldest bro's body mist body spray. Perfect signs that yes I am really finally home.

This is my 3rd day back here. So that makes it my 2nd to the last day of short-live vacation. That sounds sad but just like what they say, better than never. I never had a plan of going home this month but it's my younger bro's graduation so yeah, you can say that I'm trying to play the good-ole-sister-role and all. Sounds grand but yeah, I'd like to think that I really am.

It's been good so far. I met up with my gang last Sunday which was really great. Yeah, we do get updates from Facebook and Twitter and emails but of course talking and chatting physically is still the best. I miss those girls a lot. They make things easier to assess. All you need to do is to say a word or two like Cheese and Astroboy and they'd know exactly what to say next. Not to mention that they too can be brutally frank. They are like my left-tackle: always protecting my blind side.

Then I spent the next day watching movies with my siblings at home and also went out to watch How to Train your Dragon, then some dinner and desserts with family and my best friend. Too many things to do, Too little time. One can't help but to feel that way. But then you try not to think about that too much. You try to live with now and cherish it. But yeah, maybe I am just feeling a little melodramatic today.

I've said time and again that I love staying in Cebu and I love my job and work is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going on back there. And that the only downside is me again living away and alone from my family. Can you count that as an occupational hazard? Haha. Probably. Too much independence can bring depression and there by can hazardous for your brain's health. Maybe I must ask my boss for a raise. =p

But right now I am home. Camping in my brother's room and there's really nothing much to ask for. Maybe an extension? Or can I stay here again for good? =)

Haha. Not now of course. Maybe soon.

Maybe that'll be part of all this New Book thing. But then again: Chances are only what we make them. Nothing lasts forever. No matter how it feels today.

And today, I am contented. And happy. A little sad. But still more of happy nonetheless.

And all that's all I need .

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top