Always be smarter than the people who hire you.

I've been turning off my cellphones for two consecutive nights now. Though it's not part of the company code and policies, it had been a tradition that if you don't want to be called for overtime during your rest days, then turn off your phones. And so I did. I think I've been working longer than usual for the last past weeks or ever since I was transferred to this new account. And I miss having two consecutive days off. And more than anything else, I think I badly need some rest. I still have three new books left unread and a couple of movies to be watched from the DVD my co-worker had given me.

I know I am good at work. That's something that I really don't want to get in to my head. Sometimes it's rather frightening to know that you seem to be on top of anything you'd want to be. I only got 4 days of training for the new account. I was given a week to get a feel of it and on the first week that I was assessed, I aced it. I even got better scores than those who we're in the new account ahead of me. Alright, I think it's starting to get in to my head so I'd better stop talking about it. Keep your feet grounded as what they would say.

I guess what I'm really trying to say (that's a line from a song right?haha) is that work is essential and so is rest. Although since I am alone here, single and with no complications, that makes me pretty much available for call of duty. But I too need rest and I am having some for this week. Maybe next week, I'd say yes to overtime again.lol

As for the title, I read that somewhere and I like it. When I searched who's quote it is, it's from Lena Horne. As to who is Lena Horne, you go find it out your self. XD But yes it doesn't have any relation or what so ever in this post's topic. Or maybe there's an underlying truth that I am certainly smarter than those who hired me. Ooooopppppsssss!!!!! I hope my boss won't get to read this. ^_^

Anyway, let's take it from Jane Austen: There is nothing like employment, active indispensable employment, for relieving sorrow.


Oh yes, Nothing nothing nothing indeed.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top