of love, choices and Mr. Right

I was not ignoring it. I was/am trying to think of the right, sensible answer, the right response with out me sounding too defensive, with out me sounding idealistic, with out me sounding sarcastic. But I guess whatever my response may be, it's still bound to sound that way.

So.

Here it goes.

I am all for that guy-accidentally-bump-upon-girl-and-takes-her-breath-away-and-maybe-it's-love-at-first-sight-that-lead-to-an-everlasting-love-from-their-very-coincidental-train-ride love story. Maybe I could blame myself from watching a lot of romantic movies and from reading a handful of novels. Those stories that could make me wishy-washy-and-put-me-in-lovey-dovey-haze-mood hoping I'd find myself in the middle of one of those fairy-tale moments. Who wouldn't want to experience that anyway? But so far, I haven't found myself sitting by the train station crossing my fingers that Mr. Right will stumble upon me and fall in love head over heels over me ala Ethan Hawke. Maybe I am still sane enough not to try and anyway, there's no train station here in the city in the first place.

So my point is, Yes, I've been waiting for that Mr. Right to come along in my life for a long time now. That is so true. That although I am already big enough not to believe in fairytales, I still do believe in eternal love. My mom and dad had been married for like forever and that alone is enough proof for me that there's really indeed a happy ever after.

But I beg to disagree.

No, I am not at all afraid to discover if a guy is the right one or not when someone does come along my way.

Well, it had always been this way. Everything will still boils down to this: would you go after the love of your life or the guy in whose life you are the dream?

Tricky isn't it? But yes I know we got to make the choice and yes unfortunately we can never negotiate.

Personally, I never try to.

Well, for the most part it's because I am not given much choices but that set aside, it's because I always knew what choice I wanted to make. And I did made the choice but oh boy what a choice it was!

With regards to the question what does he need to do to make me see? I have to borrow the Oracle's word again: I will just know it, through and through.

Yes I know how that sounds.

But that's also true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 20, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Am I correct to assume that you have found some already?...did you Best?

kristine cuer said...
September 22, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Raymund, I owe you a story. Hopefully, when I'd get back there this weekend we'd get to chat about it.

see yah!^_^

Ms/Mrs. said...
September 23, 2009 at 11:16 PM

hahahha.. yeah , you probably did not bump him..
but u saw him and watched him from a distance..

hahaha..^_^

kristine cuer said...
September 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM

hahaha. Are you referring to the newbie? Do you think he is my Mr. Right? lol. I bump in to him in the pantry. Guess we don't need a train in order to bump in to someone special. haha.

But let me rephrase that again: It's just a little crush. or at least for now. lol

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top