I L♥ve Capoeira

I've been under a lot of stress lately. With my company losing our biggest account, me being transferred to a different account, retraining and refresher classes, me being transferred for the first time in the morning shift after 2 years of graveyard shifts, Dad's phone call, CISCO classes --- too many changes, too many things to do --- sometimes I don't know if I simply just have a little free time to spare or if time simply flies too fast for me.

There's only one thing that's keeping me sane these days --- something that's making my stressful life less stressful --- my capoeira classes.

Yep, I enrolled myself in some Brazilian martial arts class (just in case you are not familiar with it). I joined the said class just for the fun of it since my office friend Sue seems to be too eager to have her self enrolled. I remember that time when she invited me to join. I said I'll think about it. She replied I should not think about it, I just got to go there and just sign myself up. I thought maybe she's right. I've been over thinking things lately and so maybe I need something that would require me less thinking --- so capoeira class it is.

And I am having a blast! I'm done with my first month and I gained a few pounds shortly after cause I got my appetite back. It just feels good to be physically active --- like sweat all I want --- stay healthy --- and yeah learn acrobatics. =P I never thought time will eventually come that I'd get to learn acrobatics.

Just imagine me doing this:


or this...


and this...


LOL.

Unfortunately, I still can't do those stunts above. Those are shots of my Instructor Jensen by the way. But watch-out---I'll eventually will. =P Can't wait for January. It'll be my capoeira Batizado (baptism). I'd get my first belt. ^_^

All work and no play makes Kristine a dull girl.

Thank God for Capoeira. Definitely better than any anti-stress medicine.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

CapoeiraBeat said...
July 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM

hey kristine
Tudo bem?

Take a look on our Capoeira Blog.

Maybe you'll find something interesting :)

http://bahia-capoeira.com/blog

Axé

kristine cuer said...
July 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM

hey. thanks for dropping by. great blog you got there. I especially like the wordpress blog. helpful especially for a newbie like me. haha.

don't have yet a capoeira name so..

Kristine (for now)^_^

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top