White Horse

I have a confession to make. When I was still young, young as in 5 till 10 years old, I was never a fan of princesses and princes tales. Most likely because I grew up with my 2 older brothers so most often you'd find me watching Voltes-V, Mask-Rider Black, Shaider and Voltron instead of watching those tales about and they live happily ever after. I remembered the first I watched Beauty and the Beast, there was this scene when Chip (the teacup) was like bothering his mother Mrs. Potts who was singing "There may be something there that wasn't there before...Perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before..." And then Chip was like jumping and bugging his mom and asking "what's there?" and Mrs. Potts replied "I'll tell you when you're older." I was like huh!? I find my self asking my cousin who's 10 years older than me asking the same question Chip had. And of course my cousin gave me the same answer Mrs. Potts had. What a bummer.

As I come to think about it now that I am in the right age to know that of course it was Love they are referring to, why was there a need to hide it from us that they are referring to love about that "there is something that was never there before?" Is it because love is too big as a concept for a little girl like me?

Just a thought after pass midnight. Actually I'm working tonight but since finally, I've made all my outbound calls and the incoming calls had finally subside, I went to the pantry to grab a quick snack. The TV is showing some music video from Taylor Swift and I got my self transfix for a while. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Taylor. I sometimes think her music is a little to "teeny" for me. And since I am already 22, I'd like to think that I am way over those teenage-related music/movies. But there are three things that captured my attention: The melodramatic music video, the lyrics and I find the guy in the music video cute.^_^ Alright. I think I'm not yet totally over with teenage-stuffs.XD

So what's the relation of that video to princesses and princes? Plain and simple, the title is White Horse. And that actually made me realize that usually, prince charming rides a white horse. I wonder why.

That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you
And your white horse, to come around...


Those are my favorite lines. The song is actually about a guy who breaks a girl's heart and then tries to win her back. So I can't relate to the song. haha. But I like the metaphor. Any girl would definitely like this song. Just like me.

Oh just forget the teeny part.^_^

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top