Kris Allen, Jabbawockeez & Boyce Avenue Concert ep.4

So here it is, if this is boxing, we had finally reached the Main Event: It's Kris Allen's time.^_^

I don't know how to describe it but as a fan the anticipation just seemed too much that it tends to get scary at times thinking that what if things will turn out as a major disappointment? After Jabbawockeez was finished with their part of the concert, the stage have to be set up for Kris' turn and the hosts tried to entertain the crowd. But maybe the night had been too long already and the crowd had waited too long as well that the hosts are starting to get in our nerves and so the crowd just started chanting his name: KRIS!

And he finally step in to the stage.



Here's the setlist of his performance:

1. Heartless/Gangsta's Paradise Medley - What a great way to start! I've always considered Heartless as his winning piece when he was still in AI. This song sealed his title. And hearing him sing this song live is such a dream come true. The intro was so soulful and he sang it with angst as usual and he even mixed Gangsta's Paradise in between. Perfect!

2. Can’t Stay Away - When Kris started singing this I was on my feet! He is definitely singing songs from his album! And yah, I know his album by heart. =p I think I was the only one singing along when he sang this. lol. kidding. I was unable to get a video of this song though. This was written by Kris himself and he definitely exhibits much swagger in this song.

3. Before We Come Undone - This is one of my most favorite songs from his album and I guess this is going to be his next single and of course still written by Kris. It's starting to pick up air time here in some of the radio stations in the city. Everytime I hear this song I'm thinking of a SWAT team entering a building. Might be because of the line "Can we put our weapons down". lol. But no, this has nothing to do with war or police raids. It's about a guy asking whether he'll get answers to his questions about whether he and his lover will survive their ailing relationship.

4. The Truth - Another one of my favorite (yah you can roll your eyeballs thinking that all are my favorites but that's just the truth =p ). But this is one of the saddest song from the album. Favorite Part: Trying to be perfect trying not to let you down. Honesty is honestly the hardest thing for me right now. He put down his guitar while singing this. Very heartfelt.

5. Man in the Mirror - from Boyce Avenue to Jabbawockeez they all did a certain song for MJ and Kris had Man in the Mirror. FYI: this is the song that he sang before he was included for AI Top 13. The crowd was really crazy and we were singing along especially the "Change"-part. lol. And it's also great that he had it in acoustic. LSS.

6. Written All Over My Face - this was written by Danny O’Donoghue and Mark Sheehan. If you don't know them they are members of The Script. And knowing the Script that will involve a little er---tounge twister. I mean it's a little "wordy". But just ask me to sing it, I can!=p

7. Red Guitar - This is a song he had written for his wife even before he entered Idol. Such a sweet thing! I mean for someone to compose a song just for you? I love the intensity of the drums and guitar especially the last part of the song. Kris definitely knows how to play that thing.

8. Is It Over - Knowing Kris' album by heart =p I definitely know if he would alter a tune or re-arrange a certain part of the song and I love what he did to this song. This is one of the ballads from the album and definitely heart-breaking. A definitely much vocally confident Kris especially that "Taaaaaake your time!"-part. Didn't expect that. And he even added some lines: "that you don’t love me any more". Whew. That makes it extra special.

9. Falling Slowly/With or Without you Medley - Falling Slowly is another song he rendered during his idol days and Simon even said that he was brilliant that night! I've always love this song especially its intro: "I don't know you but I want you all the more for that". So-oh-relateable. And was surprise when all of the sudden I was hearing different lyrics then I realized that's a line from the song With or Without you from U2! great medley as usual!

10. Alright With Me - This part is crazy. This song is very catchy. The "YEAH"-part. And Kris went down to have the crowd participate! And I went nuts over this when he went down from the stage. I mean he was there like a feet from where I was standing! Surrounded by security of course. -_- He's sweat all over. lol. And how can you be so buttonless?=p

11. Live Like We’re Dying - My camera died as well in this part. Was only able to video half of this song and then my cam ran out of memory. Anyway, I'm pretty sure we are very much familiar with this song after all this had gained a lot of air-time here in the country and been in the Billboard for months now and it was #1 in digital downloads for weeks.

12. Ain’t No Sunshine - ENCORE. lol. I am spelling it right now. haha. The crowd thought the LLWD was the last song for the night but when Kris went backstage and somebody put up a piano in the stage I knew he's going to sing this song! This is one of the best song he sang back then and I am surprise again that he re-arranged the song. And by the way I wrote encore cause the first time he sang the song the microphone was failing that he sounds like he is having hiccups due to the microphone turning off and on. lol. But he was such a professional he knows what to do to remedy it.

13. Come Together - Beatles! Anyone? I was hoping he would sang Hey Jude since I know he is Beatles fan and he usually sings a song from them for his every performance. But Come Together is good. Reminds me of Danny Gokey.=p OK. I'll behave. Kris definitely Rocks!



Anyway here's a clip when he sang Red Guitar. The last part is crazy.


0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top