Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief


Another book series adapted in to movie. And nope, I haven't read any of the book from the Percy Jackson series so I really don't have any point of comparison here. Although I've read some reactions from book-fans complaining that the book is entirely different from the movie. Well, that doesn't matter now. All I know basing on the trailer was the movie is bout a teenage boy who found out that he was a demigod and that he was caught up in this Greek gods mythology world which seems pretty cool actually.

Well it's a pretty entertaining movie. The only problem is you can't help but compare it with Harry Potter. Like Percy is a half-god half-human while Harry is half-muggle half-wizard. Percy also have to study like Harry to of course learn more about the world he was oblivious before and of course they ended up the most popular/talented student. They also have the same number of main characters: 2 males and a female. We got Percy, Grover and Annabeth like Harry, Ron and Hemione.

But I had a good laugh with the movie and the effects and battles scenes are good as well. I especially like the special role of Uma Thurman as Medusa. =p That's really a fun part.

Well, I was not jumping on my feet after the movie nor my hands clapping together. It was an entertaining movie but fairly forgettable.

Rating: ★★★☆☆

1 comments:

Abing said...
February 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM

i'm planning to watch this movie marj hehe. and will let my baby bro watch this pud, weee

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top