destination: U.S.S. Enterprise

Alright it is...

and today we'll take closer look to world of:


I've never seen any Star Trek movies before or even the television series version. I guess that would pretty much give you an idea how young I am. lol. Or maybe because I'm just not really in to these kinds of movies. My curiosity over Star Trek itself started when I read the book The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and he mentioned his fascination over the entire crew especially to Captain Kirk. Randy was a scientist/nerd/professor so I thought that's the reason why he is head over heels over this movie. But right now I'm beginning to understand the reason why Star Trek is one of the best film ever. And this remake definitely increased the number of Star Trek fans out there especially from my generation. XD

It's the first showing date here in the country and good thing it was my day-off so I went out again doing some "malling". Well, I've already defined what malling means for me. Anyway, I actually watched the movie with high expectations because before I decided to watched it I read some reviews and 96% of those reviews had praised the movie. And yes, to simply put it, the movie had exceeded my expectation. And I watched it twice today! Very Cool!!!!

And who would have thought I would cry over some sci-fi film? And since I watched it twice, I also cried twice. Very crazy. lol. Well, that's the benefit of watching the movie alone, no one will taunt/care if you'd find it hard to contain those waterfalls.T_T

A short review regarding the film? It's interesting to note that although this is a sci-fi film, it's amazing how the director had mixed drama and humor at the same time. I love the crew and the actors that portrayed them. Chris Pine a.k.a James Tiberius Kirk is really funny and sarcastic at the same time. lol. Oh just watch it. I'm running out of adjectives here. I totally highly recommend it for you to watch.

As for who is my favorite character? Hmmm...I like Kirk's bravado but then I like geeky/weird guys these days right? So I'd go for Spock. And guess what? I made a little research about him and I was totally surprise to know that he is the one portraying Sylar in the Heroes TV Series. That made me love him more. hehe.



Hmmm....An addition to my already long list of "boyfriends". lol.

But seriously, you should watch this film. Worth every cent that you have.^_^

Rating: ★★★★★

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top