Feeling Good

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Reeds driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me.

And I'm feeling good.


Have you ever screwed up so bad in your life you begin to think no one will ever forget? That one great misfortune that will forever mar your existence?

I know I did.

I will never forget that biggest failure that I had. And that although we'd all keep on saying that it's ok, it was never ok actually. If it's another's person who's in that situation, most likely my advice would be to try to get over it and that that failure is not the end. The usual stuffs that we'd most likely say to a person who's feeling down to at least, pacify the feeling of grief. Of course I won't entirely say that that is not the right thing to do. After all, there are people who would definitely want to be consoled, hugged, comforted during those times. But if you are that grieving person, it definitely felt like it's the end.

I'm sorry. I'm suppose to right something about "Feeling Good". After-all, this had been really a good day for me. First thing, salary raise is already in effect when I got my payslip today. and second thing, I passed the level 2 examination that I was ranting weeks ago. I was all of a sudden popular in the office again with people congratulating me from right to left. All of these call for a celebration of course. And I found my self giving in to my team's whims: some pizza and ice cream party.

Maybe it's natural or maybe it's just me that with every victory that I have, I still can't seem to fully be happy about it because I keep on thinking of that failure. Maybe we could forgive ourselves from committing that mistake but we can never ever forget.

Or maybe one day I could redeem my self and truly say that I'm feeling good. That at least, I know what victory and failure truly means.

And as usual for now, we'll see.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top