Home Sweet Home


I'm finally back. I'm finally home.

I flew back home last Monday morning. The plane landed 10 minutes ahead of arrival schedule which was a very good thing. The entire flight though was not that enjoyable. There was a lot of turbulence and I felt like the plane was going to crash anytime. I think I was extra sensitive that morning. I can feel the entire plane shaking and I tried to concentrate listening to my playlist. I was sitting beside the window pane where the airplane's propeller is located and I was imagining that the propeller will malfunction anytime and then it will hit directly towards my location. Or that the plane will have an emergency landing in the water and that we'd all be wearing life vests while waiting for the rescue team to arrive. Geez...I think that's one of the side-effects of watching too much movie. Imagine my relief when the plane finally hits land.

It was my younger bro and aunt who fetch me from the airport. My mom was admitted in the hospital which of course was not really a good post-Christmas gift and a welcoming party. Thank God she's all better and all ready to go out the hospital when I arrived.

Nothing much had change in our province. There are still roads which were under-construction just like the last time I went home. How long thus a reconstruction of a road usually takes? A month, a year? I've been staying in Cebu for a year and 9 months now but those roads have always been under construction and the traffic lights in the intersection of our city is still not lit up. What the heck are they going to do with those traffic lights if they'd let it left unused? It's crazy. I just can't understand why until now they just can't turn on those traffic lights. What are they waiting for? For those to rust? Or for election day? Effin Politicians.

Anyway, it's really good to be back. I can forget/disregard those things for a while knowing that those are part of the imperfections of the place where I grew up. It's still amazes me that in here I get to speak my first dialect. And though there are times now where in I find it awkward/funny listening to this sing-song-type of dialect it's good to speak them again. I'll left unuse my twang for the mean time.=p

I'm trying not to think of work for now. I'm spending the rest of my vacation catching up with the lost times with my family and friends. For I know this will end pretty soon and I have to get back there. Sometimes I'm thinking of finding a job here in my province instead. But that remains to be seen. Well, 2010 will be another year.

We'll see.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top