Final Countdown

"Last day of the year." I think this is the most used sentence today. And you can't help but to get nostalgic during times like these right? It's just the right feeling. Anyway, I'd let that sink in first and so for now I am going to give my own countdown. My Top fives for the year 2009. (kala nyo sa radyo at TV lang, sa blog pwede rin=p ). So here it is, my top 5 favorite for the websites, music, movie, books and coffee shop categories.

Websites: (most visited sites aside from search engine sites)

5. youtube.com - thanks to this site, get to see reruns of Susan Boyle and Kris Allen's performance
4. helium.com - for a while, I was hook to this site. "side-line".
3. twitter.com - I get to follow favorite artists and friends. Follow me too.
2. onemanga.com - best friend during idle time. Naruto!
1. facebook.com - love love love this site. Best social networking site.


Music: (most played in my playlist)

5. Home by Michael Bubble - this became my theme song whenever I feel homesick and sad.
4. Mad by Neyo - although I can not technically relate to this, I love the lyrics and the melody and I even liked it more when I saw the video of a pair from So You Think You Can Dance interpreting this song.
3. The Truth by Kris Allen - my most favorite song from Kris Allen's first Album.
2. Jump then Fall by Taylor Swift - I can relate to the lyrics. that's all bow.
1. To Make You Feel my Love by Kris Allen - This is the first song that Kris sang that I actually loved and went crazy over. I Was instantly hooked with American Idol season 08 after that. And yes I became an instant fan of Kris and yep still a fan.

Movie:

5. Hurt Locker - One of the best war movies I've ever seen. Very moving.
4. Up - First 3D film I've watched. Movies for the young and the adults. Funny and very heart-warming.
3. Star Trek - The only Star-trek film that I get to watch and I fell in love with the movie right on. Great story line.
2. Avatar - Great Effects. Great Script. Great story. Great movie. Exceeded my expectations. James Cameron is really the man.
1. 500 Days of Summer - Became my "bible" about love and relationships this year. Love the OST and love the movie.


Books: (books I've read this year but not necessarily published in 2009)

5. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - what do we expect from Mr. Sparks? heartbreaks and melodramatic lines of course. Cried while reading this book. Can't wait for the movie adaptation.
4. Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - Love the intro, weird ending but good book all in all. Very unique writing style.
3. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Another weird book. But weird in a good way. About a man of many faith. A story of survival.
2. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks- Another Sparks novel. T_T need I say more?
1. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - about the last lecture given by Randy, a professor who died from cancer. A story about how to reach your dreams.

Coffee shops

5. Boss Coffee - coffee shop inside the fully-booked bookstore. I like their cafe mocha.
4. Coffee Bean - just light bended. a little less expensive than other shops. love their cafe latte.
3. Dunkin' Donuts - Bunwich and Coffee. Bunwich reminds me of someone and coffee is me. =p but I love their brewed coffee.
2. Seattle's Best - Like their Raspberry Kiss Mocha. Free Wi-fi too.
1. Starbucks - I want stickers! lol. Still love their White Chocolate Mocha and Java Chip for their Frap. I love their barista too. =p


Alright! So there you go. This has been you BJ (Blog Jockey) Kristine signing off.XD

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top