Surreal

What would you do if your crush/the one you like/the one you love has a crush/likes/loves someone else?

I often find myself raising an eyebrow whenever someone would post that question to me. Most of the times, I'd just jokingly reply that I'd simply smile outside but cry from the inside. But of course anyone would most likely agree that there's more truth in it than a simple joke.

Here goes unrequited love again. And that really sucks.

But yes, what must one do if faced in a situation such as that? Especially if he'd tell it to you directly that he likes this girl and he looks happy and elated about it?

Personally, the only thing I could think of is to never let my face betray what I really feels inside. Maybe pride is all I have. And if I will let that guard down, what would be left of me?

Life indeed will be so much easier if the person we like could always like us back. Especially from a woman's point of view, it's way better if guys would always like us first. Unfortunately though, that's not the usual case. We are often left to hope much like plucking petals from a flower wishing "He loves me" will come true, only to realize that the last petal falls to "He loves me not".

And that really stinks.

Sometimes I wonder, what line separates the difference between being nice and giving out the wrong signals? More often than not, we'll never know what that line is. And most of the time, we learn it the hard way. We just realized/knew that his eyes/heart were not meant for us after all.

We were just the one who's always trying to convince ourselves that they have a crush on us too, that they too like us, that they too love us. We were trapped in surreality. We hoped. We believed. Only to realize later on that we were like looking through crush-colored glasses. Nothing was real. What you thought was something is nothing after all. Absolutely nothing.

And what are we left with? Ashes of a burnt journal, wet pillows, a lonely heart, a broken heart, a disappointed feeling and an unanswered question:

How could I ever thought that he'd actually want someone like me?

4 comments:

pards said...
December 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM

ouch.

ditto.

fork.

XD

blitzking said...
December 12, 2009 at 3:31 AM

we believe what we want to believe...sounds so much like something i already wrote in my blog. then again i recently commented that maybe he is not too hard to figure out. that it is you, only you that makes things complicated.

i dont assume to know you so much. nope. for instance, I dont understand who you want more, the guy who came to visit, or the guy in the office that wears the same jacket everyday?

its none of my business, really. you might feel like im just rubbing salt on the wound. yep, i have been accused of being blunt. and being accidentally witty. i like to think that i am just pointing out things you already know, but for one reason or another, you chose to dismiss at the moment.

i think its called "suspension of disbelief." movie-goers need it to make watching a movie enjoyable. or reading a book, for that matter.
if we cant get over the fact that a fox can't possibly fall inlove with a chicken, or a lion with a lamb, then you cant possibly enjoy the story of edward cullen and bella.

but its different,you might say. it is possible. yes, like those scenes in Ninja Assassin that you pointed out. those were possible, too.

in the end, its easier in the movies. after the end credits when the lights switch on, you know its time to end the suspension of disbelief. in real life, its harder to tell when to accept the truth.

i should know. until now, i still cant decide if i should let go or keep on hoping.

kristine cuer said...
December 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM

This might be one of the problems with blogging or with me as the blogger unable to make it specific if I was technically referring to a personal experience or of another.

I must have included instead that this question was asked by one of my friends here in the office and another one back home so that just got me thinking especially the line "What would you do if your crush/the one you like/the one you love has a crush/likes/loves someone else?"

But yes, it will be hypocritical if I will not say that in a way, I could relate to that as well.

But no, I was neither thinking of that guy who came to visit me, or the guy in the office that wears the same jacket everyday when I wrote this post.

Possibly, for my friends, when they read the "ashes of journal" part, they might had a hint who is that.

But anyway, yes I have to agree, it's hard to go back to reality most of the times cause it's way better if we are in a make-believe world. And good comparison, just like the movies.

kristine cuer said...
December 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Oh by the way about the question who I want more, the guy who came to visit me or the guy in the office that wears the same jacket everyday?

Let me set the record straight then, the first guy, we are technically still in the "getting to know stage" if that's what you call it. But no I never had a crush on him back in college though he's like Mr. Popular. The one from the office, I think I made a statement here in my blog already that yes I do have a crush on him.

But no, it's not a question of who I want more. Cause if that would be the question, then it's neither of the two.

Astroboy is the first ever Anime that was ever created and it did made a great mark in the Animation industry.

I know that doesn't make sense but yes, it's something like that.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top