Pretty much

I am obsess with love.

That sound true if we'd actually base it on this blog site, my hand-written journals, facebook status messages, twitter tweets, I pretty much talk about it most of the time. Which seems pretty much funny as well since technically speaking I've never been in a relationship which I've pretty much mentioned a lot of times too. Possibly, this inexperienced/lack-there-of contributes to that obsession as well. My innermost desire of creating my own fairy-tale.

Yeah, pretty much something like that.

I could think of a lot of reasons as to whom I could put the blame on this obsession. We have Nicholas Sparks and his novels. There's the A Walk to Remember, 500 Days of Summer, Now that I have You, One More Chance ---rom/com, rom/drama kind of movies. There's My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, Full House, Save your Last Dance for Me Korean series. The Maging Sino Ka Man teleserye. And of course I must not forget Beauty and the Beast, Anastacia and Cinderella---the damsel in distress and knight in shining armour kind of stories.

Love certainly amazes me. I just can't help my self but be fascinated by it. I'm a sucker for love notes, love stories, love songs, proposals and I could simply melt right on whenever a guy starts playing and sing along with his guitar. I love serenades even though their not dedicated for me.

Love is pretty much like a mathematical equation for me. The one that looks complicated at first glance because of all it's power and roots. Only to realize that after taking out the square roots and adding like terms, the equation is simple after all. Okay, I’m beginning to blabber here and gibberish so, so much for the talks about math but that analogy makes sense to me after all.

I guess this is just my view on love and relationship (esp. on romantic one). It's like you're standing beside an outdoor pool under the heat of the sun. The water from the pool is so clear...so cool yet so warm...so refreshing...so much inviting you to jump in to it and get wet...looks so wonderful...looks so enticing...Pretty much perfect.

Most especially when you're not in it.

This might sound like a boost of my bravado but if I'd really want to, I had long been in a relationship. I've met guys who are good enough (or maybe blinded enough. lol) to show interest over me. That's flattering. But I always find my self saying no. Primarily because, I never wanted to say yes to someone just for the sake of changing the status of my social networking sites profile.

Yes I do want my own share of romantic dinners, flowers, a photo-album full of our photographs together, a hand to hold, someone who'd say he loves me everyday of our lives. I do want to write about how our day together went out, of how well we complement each other, of how much we love each other. I do want to write and say the line: Finally, I've finally found someone. The search is over. The wait is over.

But True Love Waits the bible says. And so I wait.

I never intended to have things turn out the way that they have for me right now. Though yes, I do find it weird that until now, I've never been in a romantic relationship. And yes I do complain about it pretty much and that even made me wonder if there's something wrong with me.

But when I take a step backwards and view what I'm having/living right now, I can honestly say I wouldn't have it any other way. Cause though right now, I am still standing beside that pool looking over it, waiting, I know the right guy will finally come and take that plunge with me.

And thinking about it, makes all the difference.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top