Maybe

I know I am being unfair. I know. I know. No matter which angle I would look into, what I am doing is totally not fair. But then if I will let it be and give it a chance and let it go on a little longer it'll also be unfair. So I guess it'll be better if we'd drop the stakes while it's still safe.

Maybe I am over reacting. Maybe I am assuming too much. Maybe we could certainly be just friends. But one thing I've learned there's no such thing as being friends not when we are talking about single men and women our age. It just doesn't work that way. Except if we're talking about someone we've known for a very long time. But certainly not when it comes to strangers.

I don't like to think that my friend is right when she said that in a way, my mind and heart is still set for that first and only love I had so far because if that's the case, then I know I would live the rest of my life in wistful and wishful thinking.

I'm not really sure what I am trying to get at. It was certainly flattering to catch somebody else' attention. And maybe I am crazy for letting it slip. But believe me when I say that I've been down this road before and I don't want it to happen again.

Sorry.

But it was really really nice meeting someone like you.

9 comments:

Lord Snow said...
October 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Well... we'll never know if we'd like something unless we've tasted it. Don't get me wrong, we first taste with our eyes :P

Anonymous said...
October 9, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Well... we'll never know if we'd like something unless we've tasted it. Don't get me wrong, we first taste with our eyes :P

blitzking said...
October 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Its ok to have something and not have a label.

And life is a series of ups and downs, one major disappointment should not stop you from trying.

A baby learns to walk by stumbling again and again but does not give up. A thing like that with a puny heart can muster more courage than most of us.

And yes you're right. It can be a lifetime of wistful thinking. A first love remains an only love until you have another.

pards said...
October 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM

^blitzking, you nailed it. sheesh, he's uber right.

i remembered a line from a movie. the girl said "i believe that to fall out of love, you have to fall into someone else." well, i'm all out of love, and i haven't tripped yet. i guess i'm not accident-prone. what a bummer!

p.s. i'm stuck giving comments because i can't blog. somebody please inspire me.

pards, i cannot expound on "why can't we just rewind?" remember this suggestion you gave a million years ago? i still cannot write about it. my powers are dead. haaay. what to do with invano? -_-

blitzking said...
October 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

hi pards,

been a long time. don't beat down on yourself too hard. you're not alone. have you seen my blog? last post i did was a song from back in high school...sheesh. i have run out of inspiration... somebody inspire me please? :-p

hey, have you watched The Ugly Truth or Time Traveller's Wife? I know you both have been waiting for it. Or maybe I was too late? I didn't see any entry in this blog about it.

maybe we three can watch a movie together. i know ill be the thorn among the roses but that beats watching it alone.

or maybe sessionistas at the waterfront. would be a great way to spend a weekend night. there will be a lot of great singers there. im not really familiar with the guys but Juris of MYMP will be there and Sitti, too. That is reason enough for me to go.

HOw about it, Tin. What say you?

kristine cuer said...
October 15, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Yes, I've already seen The Ugly Truth and The Time Traveler's Wife. Just can't find the time to create a review. Maybe by this weekend.^_^

pards said...
October 15, 2009 at 10:14 AM

blitz, nice of you to ask. but i'm a bus-barge-ride away from cebu. and i've seen them too. but thanks anyway. ^_^

and i'm allergic to sitti. hahaha.

blitzking said...
October 15, 2009 at 10:58 PM

so it seems it would be just Kristine and me. And an undetermined number of her officemates. :-p

I hope you make up your mind to watch it Tin. Would really make my day, er night, to watch it with you.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top