You'll always find your way back home

Finally, some time to sit down and talk about what happened over the weekend and about my short but worth-while vacation. This will surely take a lot of your time reading so don't tell me you haven't been warned.^_^

It was the first time ever that I had informed people back home that I was going home. Before I would usually take them by surprise. It was more like a before they knew it, I am already knocking at our door-scenario. And then of course the drama follows. But then we are now all use with me just coming home every now and then that I think we could already save ourselves out of the drama. Or so it seems. My mom, younger sister and my cousin fetch me in the airport and we really did skip the crying part this time.

Nothing much had changed. The roads were still covered with potholes, traffic lights were still off and left unused and the oval stadium where I used to jog is now all covered with weeds. Ok I think I'm describing it pretty bad like some under progressive city in the middle of no where. Yes in a way it certainly is not comparable with Cebu in terms of its economy but those imperfections actually made it certain that I was definitely back home. And to top it all, I spent my first night in darkness. The city had a black-out due to a super typhoon. What a way to start my vacation. Made me wonder why is it always raining every time I am back home? Jinx. haha.

Day 1

Dinner with my gang: Me, Tots, Dave and Pards. I'd like to think that I am the uniting factor because literaly, it's only during these times that we'd get to be together. lol. Which is obvious since I am the only one away. Well what can I say, we had all grown in to beautiful ladies.XD haha. It's a totally different thing to talk to people who are closest to you. They are those who could get through my glasses and wouldn't mind me blabbering all night. Made me realize that even though you know that you do miss a lot of people back home but you'll never know how much you miss them not until you'd get to see each other. Our meeting was short-lived but somehow, it's already enough to get me through for at least another 3 months.^_^

Pards, Me, Tots, Dave

Day 2

Movie and Dinner date with family. My younger brother was not at home during my first day. He was out of town competing for some handicraft competition and as expected he won the trophy. He said he created a tool box. Well that tool box might have looked pretty good and extra special for him winning the title. Don't you think that's a weird contest? Tool-box-making. Still can't get over that.

But the funny thing is, I was in our sofa watching the TV when he finally get back home and when he saw me he simply throw his arms around me and cried. That definitely left me off guard. I tried to humor him out asking him if the reason why he is crying is because he is so happy he won the competition. He sure know how to leave me dumbfounded. He simply replied that he misses me very much. Alright, maybe a little drama is not really that bad after all.

We went out that night of course. We watched a movie (Aliens in the Attic). It was fun. I will not say anything bad about the movie. The fact that I am not watching it alone is enough to make it more enjoyable. We had dinner after that. I met my bro's girl-friend. Everything was just perfect that night.

Brix, Me and Dessa
Day 3

Movie Marathon. My siblings are back to school so I spent the entire day watching movies from my brother's computer. This day is certainly a day for movies because I watched a last full show movie before the night ended with my eldest brother (Marc) and guy-best friend (Raymund). The first plan was only for me and my brother to watch Surrogates. But Raymund and I met and when bro saw him he invited him over to watch the movie with us. And poor-ole Raymund, can't refuse the offer. lol.

Best and Besty

Day 4

Was suppose to met again with college friends but was cancelled. I instead spent the remaining time watching movies again (yes I know. It's one of the bad things if I am back home. It's making me a bum.) Then of course I had my last dinner with my family. I slept with my 2 younger siblings that night.

Day 5

Flight back to Cebu was scheduled at 6PM. I spent the morning in front of the computer copying files to my phone, burning CDs, grabbed a nap, had some lunch with my mom and went off to the airport pass 3PM. Arrived at Cebu 35 minutes ahead of schedule and get back to work before 9PM and simply let the night drag me off into gray drudgery. lol. OK. I was simply sleepy that night. But at least I have a compensation, I saw him again. And him deserves a full blog entry. Maybe next time. *wink

boarding the plane

Well, as what I have mentioned I am finally back to what I love most: Work. And for now, I will just look forward for another vacation again. I'm hoping I'll have it a bit longer next time. And who knows, time will come, it will be for good.


Just like what the song from Hannah Montana goes:

You can change your hair,
You can change your clothes.
You can change your mind,
It's just the way it goes.

You can say goodbye and you can say hello.

But you'll always find your way back home.

You can change your style,

You can change your jeans.

You can learn to fly,

And you can chase your dreams.
You can laugh or cry,
Like everybody knows.
You'll always find your way back home.


Yes, We will always find our way back home.^_^

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top