500 Days Lesson#1: For the heart-breakers.

One of the most memorable scenes for me from the movie was when Tom and Summer was sitting on the bench. Tom was telling Summer that he'll never figure out why Summer never wanted a boy-friend but now she is somebody else' wife.
Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

That's like: Ouch. The truth certainly hurts. That line stayed with me, What I was never sure with you. The line may not sound subtle but I think that's way a lot better than the usual bull people uses like: I'm not ready; We're better off as friends; You're like a brother to me; You're too perfect for me; and I don't deserve you---kind of crap.

Yes true. We do take into serious consideration the other person whose heart was broken. Of course that's the most sensible thing to do. But have we ever asked the heart-breaker's side of the story? More often we don't. Oh pardon me. Yes, we do. We ask them questions like: Why do you enjoy breaking somebody else's heart? Why him and not me? What's wrong with me? What does he have that I don't have? How could you do this to me you ruthless, evil witch! Makarma ka sana!

lol.

I know they sound exaggerated but you get the point. It's hard to peek on to the heart-breaker's-heart when you're the heart-broken-one. It's hard to be rational on something that requires no logic in the first place.

Think of the anxiety, the predicament, the uneasiness on the part of the heart-breaker. You got to realize that though it's not your fault that you are in love with that person, it's not also that other person's fault that he/she is not in love with you or had fallen out of love with you. The There's no easy way to break somebody's heart song comes to mind right away.

It's all part of the unwritten rules of love. You are free to love a person but that person is also free to love you back or not. You have to agree to all its terms whether you like it or not. Yes again it's true that the news such as getting caught up in an unrequited love is not good and we don't want to hear it, but hear it we must.

I have only one message for all heart-breakers: may your heart be broken too so you may know how it hurts!

Oooppssss.... I don't mean that. XD

haha.

But just like what I had said. We must show appreciation for those people who had broken our hearts for they had most likely helped us find ourselves in the process.

So the real message must be: ♬ You made me stronger by breaking my heart. ♫ ♩

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top