Stranded

It's been a while.

Yes. I know. I know.

Been physically not OK for the last days. No I was not that sick cause technically I've still be working for the last six nights. To make it short, I was not well and yes you might have thought I should had call in sick and had some rest. But I don't know, I just had a feeling I'd be more sick if I did not work.

Today's a Sunday. Obviously. Staying here in Cebu gives me no reason not to attend the Eucharistic celebration. Every 100 meters you'd see a church, a chaplain, a school chapel, and even malls have scheduled masses. But the weather today was not that good. Very much tempting me to simply go home, stay in bed and sleep the whole day.

So I found myself running on my way to Church. Fighting over nature and trying to beat time. I only got 3 minutes before Church time and it's still more or less a 6-minute-walk away. And of course the sanest thing to do was to run. I could actually feel some eyes looking at me, some heads turning while I passed by them. I never thought I could be a head-turner.=p

But yep, I made it on time.

Church.

I had spent 9 years of my student life in a school administered by Lasallian Brothers. And though I would say I'm not an epitome of a perfect Catholic it's hypocritical to say that my faith was not at all affected nor molded by my Alma Mater. But nah, I'm not here to talk about my faith. Let's just say that there's some instances that when I go to church, I wish I get to go with a family member or a friend or a somebody in particular. Sometimes, the peace be with you part just makes me sad. But of course I'd try to disregard that thought. After all, Church is not suppose to make us feel alone.

Bunwich.

Haha. Anong relasyon sa pagsimba? It's my one and only day off for the week so I decided that I'd better stay home. After all, I did some panic buying for some books last week right?^_^ So I better finish them off. So on my way home, I was thinking of what to have for lunch then I passed by a Dunkin Donuts stall and somebody was buying bunwich. Bunwich for lunch? Why not? Funny how a sandwich in a bun would actually reminds me of someone. Sometimes, eating makes me sad too. It's just another day eating alone. But nah again. Shake it shake it off.

I remember blogging before from my old blog site something like this. Life right now is as boring as my bowl of oat-meal. No matter what flavor it is, it’s still an oatmeal. Boring…but good for the heart. That’s the only difference. Oatmeal is good for the heart but my heart here was never been good.

Sometimes, it feels like I am stranded.

Gawd. I sound so miserable.

haha.

I hope it's not too late to erase that impression. I am not. I've long accepted that it's part of independence and living away from home. But sometimes one just can't help but think about it.

But I'm better. Better is better than good.

If you know what I mean. ^_^

And yes, I'm back.

2 comments:

Abing said...
November 9, 2009 at 1:18 AM

congrats marj, and if u feel stranded, hehe hey, we're all stranded on earth waiting for someone to save us, everytime u feel alone marj, remember Jesus is always there heheh for and for me and the entire human race
there are people dying
if u care enough for the living
make it a better place for u and for me. smile.

kristine cuer said...
November 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM

haha. ok na sana yung simula. nauwi sa kantahan. lol.

thanks Abbie.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top