New Moon

Wow. Chris Weitz played it by the book.

That's my over-all assessment after watching this most publicized movie of the year from the Twilight Saga: New Moon.

So that would actually make you think that the movie was good then. Well, the movie has it's own good and bad points. blah blah blah. Same old story.

But to cut the long story short then and for sure every critic out there would all agree, after watching this movie hardcore fans will be satisfied but outsiders are likely to be turned off by its slow pace, relentlessly downcast tone, and excessive length. That's actually the consensus from rotten-tomatoes.

Well, where to start...

First thing, I love the Twilight Saga. At least for the book version. And I think that will remain as it is if I am to base it on the first two movie adaptation of this book series.

The thing that's pulling down the movie adaptations of this saga: Bad Acting by the lead cast itself: Rob and Kirsten. Up until now, I am still not satisfied with Rob portraying Edward Mason Cullen. I mean, if you had read the book you'd definitely say that Pattinson is not the Edward you'd imagine to be. I just don't get it why a lot of girls goes gaga over him these days. Yah, maybe they are more in love with the character and since he is the one playing it, he gets to get the limelight. I am in love with the character but definitely not with Rob. And Kristen, she's only good with the moping-kind-of-acting which lucky her it's pretty much needed in this film. But jeeeezzzzz....I just, I don't know, I don't seem to see the intensity or the chemistry that Bella and Edward is suppose to have.

But of course there are good parts as well. There's Dakota Fanning for instance. She must teach Kristen what real acting is all about. Her role is short but she definitely outshines Kristen during those scenes. Michael Sheen is also great as Aro. Just the way I imagined Aro to be. And the Wolf pack, I thought I'd be disappointed with the group, but they're all goody and the werewolves version were good as well.

But the the most thrilling part of the movie. or make that the best part all in all would be Taylor who's playing the part of Jacob stripping and showing off his buff bod. lol. It was actually crazy cause of course I was more or less expecting that the crowd I'd be with would be mostly consists of teenagers but I still can't help but laugh at their reactions everytime there's a romantic/cheesy scene on the screen. And the first time Jacob took his shirt off the crowd goes Oooooooooo. That would include me.XD Yum! =p

It's a bit disappointing. I liked this sequel because of it's dark theme. Edward left Bella...Bella found companionship with Jacob...Jacob falls in love with Bella...Bella still can't get over Edward but still gave Jacob a chance (girls are really mean)...Bella and Edward reunited...Jacob left alone and dejected...This is the sequel that is rich with great heart-ache quotes so that's why I love it.lol. But I mean, if we've remove the vampire and werewolf thing, we could turn this in to something anybody can relate to: first love, first heartache.

Well, to conclude things here, the most anticipated movie of the year could have ended up to be the most disappointing film. Thank god for CGI effects, Dakota and Taylor. This movie is bearable to be seen.

So much for that, here's the movie poster.



I mean here.=p





Rating: ★★☆☆☆

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top