Ninja Assassin


I had never doubted Rain (Bi) as an action star. After seeing his Korean series A Love to Kill he had indeed emerged from a boy-next-door to a bad-boy image. And in this first ever Hollywood film that he had, he sure do can kick some ass.

Rain portrayed a role of Raizo, a former Ozunu Clan member. Ozunu Clan is a secret society who trains orphans to be ninja assassins. But when his friend was executed by the Clan, he separated from them and plotted his revenge. On the other hand, Mika Coretti (Naomie Harris), a Europol agent, linked the existence of the Ozunu Clan to a series of murders. It does made her a target for the ninjas. Raizo saved Mika from the plotted assassination. Together then, they have to help each other in order for Raizo to complete his vengeance and for Mika and the Europol to bring down the Clan.

Personally, I find the story shallow. And though the fight scenes and the effects are really good, some really looks absurd and far from reality. Like that scene when Raizo planted a knife to a guy's neck and the guy still managed to fight him back. That's like crazy! Neck is suppose to be a fatal part of the body. I also find the "capability to heal" absurd. Wait till you see the ending so you'll understand why.

If I am to think of this movie first thing that comes to mind: gore. You'd be able to see blood 80% of the movie. Blood, blood, blood and lot of blood. This is definitely not for the squeamish.

Good thing I was not alone when I watched this movie. Got a bit of distraction. XD

Anyway, if I am to base it in this movie, this is not the Rain that I prefer. I love Rain more as a Korean-pop superstar and a rom/com actor.

Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

1 comments:

Abing said...
November 30, 2009 at 6:08 AM

marj u watched this na? my sister watched this na and told me na its bloody, deadly, not good for the kids hhehe, so i didnt watch,. not that im a kid, but its bloody ewwy man gud daw.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top